Strategies and Tools for Dealing with Stress During The Coronavirus Pandemic
Video Source: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlaf_d8VzLM
Via NIH Office of Intramural Training & Education, this discussion presents strategies for stress management as a biomedical scientist during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Human brains are wired with a negative bias [10:00 mark] so even good things (like a wedding) cause stress when they are new experiences.
- Setting healthy (emotional) boundaries [17:20]
- Controlling what you can [22:30]
- Helpful thoughts [26:25]
- Setting reasonable & realistic expectations [30:49]
- Separating “work” from “home” [36:25]
- Reducing information overload [38:38]
- Managing stress of differing beliefs [41:10]
- Tolerating uncertainty [43:10]
- Rest and relax [45:50]
- Reach out and connect with others [47:10]
- If nothing else… [48:23]