Healthcare Communication Fellowship Applications Now Open
The American Academy on Communication in Healthcare wants YOU, for values of you who include those with an interest in developing a career in health communication research or education.
Current AACH members who are early career faculty, trainees, or advanced postdoctoral fellows are encouraged to apply for the new Putnam Scholars Program (PSP). The two-year fellowship program exposes participating scholars to a broad range of ideas at the intersection of health care and communication scholarship.
Applicants will need to identify a primary mentor from the AACH membership, which the AACH Research Committee can help you do. Applications from candidates who may have limited access to health communication mentors at their home institution are encouraged.
The Putnam Scholars Program includes these benefits:
- Regular mentorship meetings and educational seminars to expose participants to various areas of health communication
- Developing and refining original research, educational curricula, or evaluation activities related to health communication
- Expanding knowledge of the diversity of health communication theories, methods, and applications through regular research colloquia with other Putnam Scholars and their mentors
- Funding for the candidate and their mentor to travel to the annual AACH FORUM or ICCH annual conference in the United States each year
- Participation in a one-day training program at the annual conference
- Forging new professional and interpersonal relationships with mentors, AACH and ICCH members, and other people committed to improving health communication.
- Attending at least three research meetings sponsored by AACH and ICCH during time in the PSP
- Participating in a one-day retreat with mentors and other new Putnam Scholars at the first research meeting
- Meeting monthly or bi-monthly with mentor and other Putnam Scholars on a more frequent basis
- Presenting working and final projects at ICCH conferences and AACH Forums
Applications are due by April 1, 2017. Putnam Scholars will be announced in early June 2017.
For more information visit the PSP webpage.